Effects of Food Waste in Landfills
- Third largest component by weight
- 475 lbs produced annually per individual (70+ million tons/year)
- Sanitation issues: vermin, odor, liquids, leaching
- Landfills generate an estimated 34% of the methane gases released in the US
- Methane gas generated is 20-25x more potent than CO2
- Pick up & transfer to landfills yields a high carbon footprint, congestion, gas consumption
Composting is an excellent way to utilize food waste but the problem is time. It takes weeks or months to properly compost food waste and it takes space and labor to correctly process this waste.
OWARECO, LLC provides on-site, innovative organic waste reduction and conversion technology which dehydrates this food waste in hours. The reduction in volume can be as high as 90%, leaving only 10% of the original mass processed. The output product is a bio-sterile, highly concentrated organic soil amendment which can be used in the landscape or garden. The only other by-product is reclaimable, potable water.
OWARECO's Zero Waste Solutions help businesses and organizations meet city, state, federal and corporate diversion goals. If your business is interested in taking the lead toward a sustainable future by Reducing costs, Reusing food waste and Restoring the environment, OWARECO, LLC will design a solution to meet your goals. From cafes and coffeehouses to any large commercial food operation, OWARECO can meet your food waste processing requirements.